Sponsorship support of local community organizations and events is part of the Credit Union’s dedication to our community, allowing us to focus in on member needs and support the sustainable development of our community partners. Nusenda Credit Union offers limited sponsorships to businesses and organizations that are providing dedicated services to the community where we live and work.
Nusenda Credit Union is accepting sponsorship requests to support community gatherings, meetings, conferences and fundraisers. We have a special interest in sponsoring events that have short-and long-term benefits for host organizations and the people they serve, while creating positive impact in communities across New Mexico.
Sponsorship requests must align with one or more of our five focus areas:
Nusenda Credit Union’s sponsorship program is designed to support events, limited-time programming, or annual fundraising activities. To be awarded sponsorship funding, these activities should:
- Be impactful and address the needs of the community they serve.
- Have long-lasting benefits from success of the event or program.
- Demonstrate that goals are aligned with one or more of our five focus areas.
- Bring together a wide variety of people across sectors, geographies, and cultural communities to experience engaging programming and discussions that inspire, equip or connect them to more effectively lead change.
- Strengthen foundation and nonprofit networks in New Mexico.
Most sponsorships are $5,000 or less, but in some exceptional cases, we may consider sponsorships up to a larger amount.
How to Apply
We accept sponsorship applications throughout the year. For sponsorships to be considered, we must receive a completed application at least 60 business days prior to the event or activity to allow time for review, processing, and partnership to take place. In some cases, the Credit Union will make exceptions to this requirement; please email questions to Foundation@nusenda.org.
- Review the application guidelines below.
- Submit an online application.
- Email questions regarding sponsorships directly to Foundation@nusenda.org.
- Expect to hear from Nusenda Credit Union within four weeks regarding the status of your application.
What types of events are not typically supported?
Sponsorship support is reserved for “parent” organizations, rather than individual elements of an organization. The foundation does not generally provide support to the following types of events:
- Individual participation, endeavors, or needs.
- Gift cards of any kind.
- National trips/tours/conferences not benefiting the local community.
- Scouting organization, booster clubs, and specific school PTAs.
- Sports teams or leagues.
- Organizations already receiving substantial support through other Nusenda programs or initiatives.
- Political action committees, causes, or lobbying organizations.
- Individual pre-K-12 public schools or school programs. In this case, the "parent" school district is eligible for support.
- Programs outside the communities we serve.
- Organizations that discriminate based on age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Does Nusenda have expectations about event participation?
In some cases, organizations may choose to invite Credit Union representatives, our philanthropic partners, and other members of Nusenda’s community to participate in sponsored events. In the application materials, please indicate whether and how you would like us to participate, in addition to a sponsorship contribution.
Note: indicating that you do or do not want Credit Union participation has no bearing on the likelihood of a financial contribution — we simply encourage you to share all the relevant information up front so we can be good partners.
What is the difference between Community Rewards Beneficiary Support and sponsorship support?
Groups who request funding through Community Rewards® must be charitable 501(c)(3)-eligible nonprofit organizations who have applied through our application process. Community Rewards beneficiaries are applying for support of long-term programs and organizational support.
How often can my organization apply for sponsorship funding?
Organizations are invited to submit one sponsorship application at a time. Organizations may only receive sponsorship funds for one event per calendar year.
Are all funding requests approved?
Only the requests that qualify will be approved. All requests are evaluated on a per-case basis, and all applicants will be notified by email of the review team’s decision.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Nusenda Credit Union and Nusenda Foundation reserve the right to deny any request. All decisions are at the discretion of the Credit Union. Features of the program are subject to change at any time and the program may be withdrawn.